A Few Questions
Hi Bud, Crono here. I'm ready to start editing here, but I see that there is apparently like 1 mainspace page. I can tell you're trying to get the core things set up first, but apparently you've got that under control, so I am here looking for some info on what I can do to start doing some editing.
- How in-depth are we going with this wiki? How much detail are we going to go into on individual series and games, pages and movies, etc?
- I know this is supposed to be a SEIWA version of the Square Wiki, but that wiki isn't very large and is far from complete. How much are we diverging from it?
- What can I start doing on the mainspace to help out? Do you need any help with projects or css? I have some experience with skin coding, I could set up the monobook scheme for you if given some time.
- What about user rights? I'm not asking for them, but who will be the main staff? Is it starting from scratch? Do admins/mods in other SEIWA wikis/the SEIWA forums get some recognition?
- Woo! Welcome to the wiki! Here are the answer to your questions:
- We are going to be covering:
- real-world stuff that one can buy in a store, focusing on varies games, manga, music, etc. without going into too in-depth or too in-universe, only covering the basic plot. The exception being inter-franchise material.
- real-world people that are involved in anything related to SE.
- any and all companies that do something with SE. Nintendo, for instance.
- Anything notable in any other area that SE is involved in: Lawsuits, Philosophies, Legal Stuff, Outside References, etc.
- We are diverging in style, content and other things I described above.
- With this wiki, I am looking to offer many options to make it like a SE RPG. Tabs that show different content, stats based on a user's edit count, etc. If you have any ideas on how to contribute to that, I would appreciate it. In fact... a monobook skin looking like a 16-bit RPG would be cool. What do you think?
- Any staff in the forums, affiliated wikis or wiki of SEIWA can be an Ambassador to start off with. As for being an Admin, 'crat or checkuser, I am waiting for people to show potential before approaching them with an offer.
- We may also decide to elect the staff, or have it appointed, but that is going to be up to SEIWA as a whole to decide. But that is for later on, when we are more ready.
- Well, sadly, I'm not sure where to start with what you said (although I do understand where you're going with this), and I've gotten my Ambassador rights, so I'm trying to get the foundations set up now. About the skin, I've got it tailored to the default SEIWA black and red - by 16bit RPG, do you mean kind of like what Dragon Quest wiki has for its default Vector skin? I admittedly have no experience coding Vector... :/ --SilverCrono 23:06, 18 February 2012 (EST)
- It is ok. It is why I am put together the pages I did. To give us a starting point and somewhat of a direction. Actually, what I was thinking would be similar to F-Zero wiki's Game Menu skin: Courier font, Blocky arrows, etc. Make it look like a 16-bit game stylistically. Also... I was speaking of doing it for Monobook :p. Vector is cool for what I need it for. Bud0011 23:24, 18 February 2012 (EST).
- We are going to be covering:
- Thank you for informing me. Sove has taken care of them. Bud0011 (talk) 01:01, 23 November 2012 (UTC)
I think we need more colors for the wiki, and ones suitable for each franchice. Last night, when I showed the new character template to Sove, we both agreed that pink is not suitable for Kingdom Hearts.
Final Fantasy itself does not yet have it's own colors (we're currently sticking to Squaresoft for I - X-2, and Square Enix for XI - XIV). I suggest that most games share a color, but VII, XII and XIII get their own, as they are all part of spin-off franchices. Good idea? UxieLover1994 (talk) 06:49, 26 November 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry for taking so long with replying. Busy with RL stuff.
- I am wondering who came up with pink for Kingdom Hearts...I think it was based on the fact that KH Wiki has used pink in the Valentine's theme... which hasn't changed since last February.
- It is fine to come up with new colors, or to change colors schemes to different colors, or to switch which color scheme is being used for which game, etc. We had those set up as fill-ins until something better came along: Franchises with a wiki got their own color scheme; Franchises without went with a company scheme.
- For all the color schemes, if you aren't aware, please check out this page
- Thank you for all your hard work, Bud0011 (talk) 03:24, 5 December 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, the pink theme reprisents Dream Drop Distance, the latest game in the Kingdom Hearts series. I recomend that the KH colors be blue or silver. Also, we've got a wiki baised on Final Fantasy XIII in the early stages called HistoriaCrux. We intend it to be the next member of SEIWA. And I also want to see a wiki baised on the Ivalice Alliance (Final Fantasy XII) one of these days. Finally, you're welcome. :) UxieLover1994 (talk) 05:29, 7 December 2012 (UTC)
Square Enix Heaven
A member of the Square Enix Heaven has just left a message on the SEIWA forums. I think they want an alliance. Thought you should know. One more thing: Merry Christmas, Bud! UxieLover1994 (talk) 14:11, 19 December 2012 (UTC)
- Sweet! Thank you for infroming me. Sorry I haven't been around, busy with things. I will take a look and Merry Christmas to you! Bud0011 (talk) 22:23, 24 December 2012 (UTC)
New User, Forum and the Stupid Cats pics in the Wiki xD
i did a new replay in the forum about se-heaven.de.
Now to the User here and the forum - it gives a nice Extension for bridge between phpbb forum and wiki. If a user creats an account in the forum, he can login there and here. I used on square enix heaven and it works fine :)
And now to the Stupids cats <.< I can't make wiki links and links to the forum or to the Extensions, without choose thousend times the stupid Cat pics. If you want user here to help out - kill this stupid Cats, then the work with it is not funny. Its frustrating. Yukii (talk) 11:41, 31 December 2012 (UTC)
- Alrighty, one-by-one.
- Thank you for replying to that.
- I will add it when you are able to link it.
- I do apologize for your inconvenience, but that, so far, is the best-darn anti-vandalism tool I have seen, and it has worked very well so far. I can, however, stop it from occurring as often. It shouldn't be affecting people who have become auto-confirmed now, but please inform me if it continues. Bud0011 (talk) 18:56, 1 January 2013 (UTC)
- i tryd out much anti-vandalism tools, but no one was the hit. Then i changed from myBB to phpbb and try'd it with (-.- pls. watch the Quellcode, then you will see the link). Since i did this, i had no more vandalism in my Wikis. I musst say, its a Dream *.*
- so now, i try'd to post the Link to the Extension and the the extension below and what is again - choose the cats. four times in a row then i give up to post the links... Yukii (talk) 08:05, 5 January 2013 (UTC)
- My Apologizes. I will add this when I am next able. Bud0011 (talk) 18:17, 16 January 2013 (UTC)
The colors at the KHWiki have been changed from pink to black to mark the Japanese release of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX. I'd change the colors myself, but I don't know the exact codding, plus I don't have admin rights, anyway. UxieLover1994 (talk) 02:53, 11 March 2013 (MDT)
- Alright. I will take care of that. And sorry if it was down when you wanted to get on. Bud0011 (talk) 05:38, 11 March 2013 (MDT)
We, and I mean all of SEIWA, should hold a meeting to decide on how to improve it. So far, this wiki has had nothing but spam bots contributing to it (which I've recently reversed), HistoriaCrux has been dormant for too long (nobody has edited it for MONTHS), and the only active wikis are the KHWiki and StrategyWiki.
If you like, I can promote SEIWA with my liveplays on Twitch (like how Erry's been promoting our wiki through his liveplays), but I'll just need a banner. However, the only Square Enix games I have on the PS3 are Final Fantasy XIII and it's sequel (though this will change in September). UxieLover1994 (talk) 10:36, 19 July 2013 (UTC)
- I am interested in a meeting. Are you involved with the KH Wiki IRC at all? how about their forums? personally, I am hoping KHIII gives KHW a major boost and that boost floods over to the other wikis :). Bud0011 (talk) 01:21, 20 July 2013 (UTC)
- I'm active on the IRC, between 12:00 and 19:00 UTC. And their forums, too, as they are within the wiki. Well, since KH3D gave us a boost of visitors, there's no doubt KHIII will be different.
Hey Bud0011, you have a PNG image for the favorite icon for SEW I can access? I'd like to use it on the Dragon Quest Wiki, but can't seem to find one anywhere. --FlyingRagnar (talk) 15:32, 4 October 2013 (UTC)
- Someone is working on it and we will get it to you as soon as we can. Bud0011 (talk) 02:18, 5 October 2013 (UTC)
Thanks a lot! I'm super excited to be back! Hey, I was wondering if you could help me with something. I don't know if you've noticed, but we've been having a lot of vandalism the last two months. I suspect it's a user we had a spat with over at the Kingdom Hearts Wiki (oddly, I didn't have anything to do with it because he was banned just as I was coming back). In any case, same people who attack there are attacking here, similar IPs and all (I've verified with staff over at KHWiki, since I'm not an admin there anymore). I was wondering if we could install the same Moderation extension they installed there, which basically requires all users not with the automoderated right to have their edits vetted before they become public. It's helped over there a lot with containing mass vandalism, and I think it could help a lot here, too. Let me know what you think or if you have any other ideas; I'm still not super site-technical yet. KeybladeSpyMaster 04:27, 26 September 2017 (UTC)